Parnell was the first suburb in Auckland (est 1841), and the houses in the area certainly don’t disappoint. And while most of them are neatly taken care of, this wooden Edwardian mansion lies abandoned, it would have once been a stellar Auckland home. An advertisement from the property in the NZ Herald from 1907 reads “Wanted: Housekeeper for family of 4, help kept, wages 10 shillings” (!) More recently the building was converted to offices, until the lease was terminated some time ago by the general trust board for investigation of refurbishment, and so it has been boarded up to await the fate of Auckland Council. There is also an abandoned Honda resting on the site. The moss on the bonnet suggests it’s been there for 2 years, the Burger King bags inside suggest the driver had some kind of food coma and never came back.